Ryan & Smith | Antique Fireplaces Ireland

Georgian Fireplace – 18154

An exceptional Irish George III Sienna and statuary marble mantelpiece

The breakfront shelf decorated with leaf-work and egg and dart mouldings, this above a Sienna marble frieze centred by an exquisitely carved tablet. The centre tablet depicts a woven basket of fruits, grape vines and foliage, all symbolic of Autumn and harvest time. Full rounded statuary marble columns, with Ionic capitals and socles on low plinths, stand freely in front of Sienna marble pilasters. Around the fireplace opening is a marble frame, decorated with egg and dart mouldings, echoing those on the shelf.

This fireplace features the finest and richest coloured Sienna marble, along with masterfully carved statuary marble elements. It was purchased by the previous owner during the 1980’s and sold to Ryan & Smith this year. Original provenance is still under research, but so far points to Dublin city centre, most likely Dominick Street / Parnell Square.

 

Circa 1765

 

Make Enquiry
Measurements:

Width: 81" (2057mm)

Height: 60" (1524mm)

Depth: 13.5" (343mm)

Internal Measurements:

Width: 48" (1219mm)

Height: 47" (1194mm)

Price: £POA

Product Code: 18154

Palladian Make Enquiry

Georgian Fireplace – 18154

Georgian Fireplace – 18154

Product Code: 18154

An exceptional Irish George III Sienna and statuary marble mantelpiece

The breakfront shelf decorated with leaf-work and egg and dart mouldings, this above a Sienna marble frieze centred by an exquisitely carved tablet. The centre tablet depicts a woven basket of fruits, grape vines and foliage, all symbolic of Autumn and harvest time. Full rounded statuary marble columns, with Ionic capitals and socles on low plinths, stand freely in front of Sienna marble pilasters. Around the fireplace opening is a marble frame, decorated with egg and dart mouldings, echoing those on the shelf.

This fireplace features the finest and richest coloured Sienna marble, along with masterfully carved statuary marble elements. It was purchased by the previous owner during the 1980’s and sold to Ryan & Smith this year. Original provenance is still under research, but so far points to Dublin city centre, most likely Dominick Street / Parnell Square.

 

Circa 1765

 

Make Enquiry